Crabmeat & Cheese Rolls
Servings 48 hot hors d’oeuvres
- 1 dozen fresh dinner rolls split
- 3 ⁄4 cup butter
- 11 ⁄2 cups grated American cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely minced white onion
- 1 7 ounce can crabmeat drained
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
Arrange the roll halves onto 2 lightly buttered cookie sheets; set aside.
In a medium frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
Add the American cheese, onion and crabmeat.
Cook until well combined and the cheese is just melted.
Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper.
Spread equal amounts of the mixture over the 24 dinner roll halves.
Place under a preheated broiler for 6 minutes or until the tops start to become brown and bubbly.
Cut each hot dinner roll in half.
This fast and tasty hors d’oeuvre should be garnished with a sprinkle of chopped chives, red pepper strips, anchovy fillets, caviar, or parsley.