Texas Savory Grilled Shrimp
This is one versatile dish from the “Lone Star State”. I serve it as a main course whenever I find really large shrimp on sale.
- 1 ⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 30 jumbo shrimp don’t be afraid to use the biggest you can find!
- 15 slices lean bacon remove fatty ends, and divide into halves
In a 9x13-inch baking pan, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and parsley.
Add the shrimp; toss to coat well and set aside.
Preheat your barbecue grill over a medium-high flame.
Wrap a slice of the bacon around each shrimp and fasten with a wooden pick.
Grill the shrimp for about 5 minutes, turning and basting once.
Shrimp are done when they are no longer opaque and the bacon begins to crisp.
Serve hot, individually, off a platter, or serve portions on a small bed of shredded lettuce with a dollop of hot salsa on the side and lots of fresh lemon wedges.